Rising from the ashes of the COVID-19 pandemic is no small feat for The Firehouse Center for The Arts. Like our friends and business partners in Newburyport and surrounding communities, we are focused on recovery.
While we plan for reopening, The Firehouse has a few more months to enlist support and donations. We know it won’t be easy. Our contributors are business owners, corporate leaders, families, artists, and civic-minded citizens most of whom have experienced setbacks in 2020 and are struggling, too.
What is Firehouse Ignites: A Vintage Auction?
This is our creative spin on raising money without asking our local merchants to donate money during this difficult time. Instead, we are asking for donations of items you already possess that are new or new enough and in perfect condition. We hope to fill our [sadly unused] rehearsal space with this merchandise to photograph and auction off as part of our fundraising efforts. Sanitizing and wrapping items will be part of receiving and cataloging process.
DROP OFF YOUR DONATION AT 18 GRAF ROAD (our administrative space) DURING THESE TIMES:
August 20 from 5pm-8pm
August 22 from 10am-12pm
August 24 from 10am-12pm
August 26 from 3pm-6pm
August 27 from 5pm-8pm
August 29 from 10am-12pm
August 31 from 10am-12pm
5 Types of Silent Auction Items We Need:
- Online auction sites call them NWT [new with tags]. Do you have something you meant to give as a gift, but never did? Did you buy gorgeous boots that did not fit and then forgot to return them? What about that new kitchenware that’s still in the box? If it is in new condition and you feel comfortable donating it, we will make good use of it.
- Charity auctions call them DV [donated valuables]. Every year we receive donations of beautiful artwork, signed book collections, antique toys, etc. This year we are asking for as many valuable items as you are able to contribute as long as they are in perfect, saleable condition. In the past, we took a few of these donations. In 2020, we need them all.
- Gift Certificates [gift cards] are always a great donation. Our bidders love to win a gift card and typically spend more than the card’s value when the visit the merchant, restaurant, or venue.
- Events, Adventures and Getaways are the highest grossing auction items [experiences]. If you have ever considered donating a weekend at your vacation home, or a barbecue in your backyard, a few tickets from your season passes, this is the year we need it most.
- Estate Items [estate jewelry and décor]. Many fine jewelers reserve a section in their display cases for older watches, rings, necklaces, and earrings that have been traded in or listed for sale. Perhaps you have an old watch well-kept in its packaging you would donate to our auction? Or, precious jewelry unworn in many years? Smaller antique items would also be appreciated if you would consider passing them along to us.
Please contact Ronna Caras at email@example.com to donate merchandise, gift cards, tickets or vacations.