The films include:
- In the Absence: When the MV Sewol ferry sank off the coast of South Korea in 2014, over three hundred people lost their lives, most of them schoolchildren. (28 min)
- Learning to Skateboard in a War Zone (If You’re a Girl): Over the course of 15 years, a class of young girls from disadvantaged neighborhoods in war-torn Kabul, learn to read and write, and grow together in confidence through the joy of skateboarding. (39 min)
- Life Overtakes Me: Hundreds of refugee children in Sweden who have fled with their families from extreme trauma in their home countries have become afflicted with Resignation Syndrome. (39 min)
- St. Louis Superman: Bruce Franks Jr., a leading Ferguson activist and battle rapper who was elected to the overwhelmingly white and Republican Missouri House of Representatives. (28 min)
- Walk Run Cha-Cha: Chipaul and Millie Cao reunited in 1980s Los Angeles after being separated by the Vietnam War. Forty years later, they become ballroom dancers to reconnect again and make up for lost time. (20 min)
A free wine, beer and cheese reception will begin at 5:00PM with the film screenings at 6:00PM.