Caroline’s Community: A Celebration for All
What is a birthday party without cake, music and the feted one herself — The Gables’ founder Caroline Emmerton?
The House of the Seven Gables serves all this and more in grand style on Saturday, April 23, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Everyone is invited on this special day. Staff, along with Emmerton herself, will be on hand to greet neighbors and friends.
- Guided tours for $1.50. First come, first served.
- Music all day. James Rogers on the piano from 10 a.m. till noon.
- Commonwealth Vintage Dancers from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Carubia Brass Band from 2 to 5 p.m.
- Cake cutting on the hour at 12 noon, 1, 2 and 3 p.m.
- Caroline Emmerton, on site.
- Living History Labs with Settlement Activities from 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Vintage birthday card activity table. Visitors make cards and deliver them to Miss Emmerton.
- Open to the public: The new exhibition Caroline Emmerton: An Unbounded Vision.
- Pop-up picnic tent with Ferreira Foods.
- Historic candy tasting with Ye Olde Pepper Candy Companie.