Marketing and Communications Manager
Website Great North Hampton Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce (GNCC) is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization that provides business educational programs, economic support services, and related events and activities to foster a thriving economy and community. GNCC is the largest chamber in the Pioneer Valley and serves a diverse mix of approximately 500 investors (members) that include large and small businesses, major institutions, non-profits, and individuals. GNCC is also the umbrella organization for the Hampshire County Tourism & Visitors Bureau (also known as the Hampshire County Regional Tourism Council) responsible for promoting and providing services for tourism, convention, travel, and recreation to Hampshire County.
The “Marketing and Communications Manager” is responsible for creating plans and strategies that drive awareness and engagement across programs and services that have economic impact to the small business community and significant benefits for the community at large. We are seeking someone who can market and communicate the GNCC value proposition across multiple sectors and constituent groups. This role is also a critical leadership position that requires gathering market intelligence and gaining personal insights to support GNCC’s executive director in informing and advising a group of tourism partners on critical tourism projects, investments, and opportunities to attract visitors to the area.
The candidates we are seeking have the following experience profile:
• Marketing: General understanding of email campaigns and advertising principles for print, collateral, events, and other mediums.
• Digital Marketing: Skilled across digital landscape, particularly social media.
• Technical Skills: Experienced with WordPress, Squarespace, Expression and/or similar website management systems; Google Analytics; Design experience a plus (Canva).
• Industry experience: Any, but prefer non-profit, tourism, or community-based organization.
• Management and work style: Creative thinker and collaborative team player; self-motivated, resourceful, and can work independently; solution- and results-oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
• Work experience: 5+ years preferred.
Scope of Responsibilities
• Establish and maintain brand standards and communications guidelines to ensure consistency, quality, and integrity of all creative assets and style principles.
• Develop and lead day-to-day execution of digital campaigns, tactics, and programs to drive awareness, lead generation, and ultimately, adoption of GNCC’s programs and events.
• Create and manage content for all GNCC communication platforms including multiple websites, social channels, digital publications, and other communication vehicles.
• Assist executive director with annual tourism grant application and marketing plan, as well as required quarterly tracking and reporting of tourism-related activity to state agencies.
• Identify and manage team of vendors that support marketing projects and activities, including but not limited to graphic artists, photographers, copywriters, media contacts, etc.
• Partner with external resources and stakeholders to optimize ideas.
• Develop and analyze performance metrics and benchmarks across communications to measure success, recommended strategies, and optimize results.
• Support fellow staff members as necessary to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the GNCC office, programs, and events, as needed.
Other Key Skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Superb oral and written communications
• Excellent time management skills
• Event management and program management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Constant Contact, and web-management platforms
• Basic familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases
• Passion for community engagement
• Competitive salary
• Healthcare benefits
• Paid Time Off (vacation plus 11 paid holidays, per year)
• Retirement plan contribution
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Requires occasional nights and weekends.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to Vince Jackson (email@example.com), Executive Director at GNCC.