North of Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau Information Specialist
Website North of Boston CVB
Destination Marketing Organization
Scope and Basic Functions: The ideal Information Specialist is passionate about creating the highest quality Visitor Center experience for daily visitors, in a facility that receives over 300,000 visitors annually. The ideal candidate is team-oriented and collaborative.
Member Service Statement: Members and visitors are at the heart of this organization. They are the reason we exist. Whether they visit by mail, by phone, through the internet or in person, they are our customers. They are not merely statistics, and they always deserve our courtesy and respect. No matter what we were “hired” to do, satisfying our members’ and visitors’ needs and wants are everyone’s first and most important responsibility.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Respond to walk-in and telephone inquiries
- Ensure that visitor center is safe, clean, well presented, efficiently organized, easy to use and accessible.
- Provide travelers with information such as directions, weather conditions, traffic information as well as information about regional and state-wide tourism businesses (lodging, dining, attractions, etc.)
- Receive, organize, display and distribute promotional visitor guides and other printed material relating to travel and tourism in the North of Boston Region.
- Maintain inventory and re-stock brochures, rack cards, maps, and retail product as needed.