117 Cabot St., Beverly, MA 01915
Historic Beverly – 3 Houses, 5 Centuries, 1000s of Stories.
Balch House: Through combinations of luck and foresight, the Balch House has survived while the hundreds of homes from the same era have fallen to progress or decay.
Cabot House: The John Cabot House is a Georgian style mansion built in 1781 during the Revolutionary War, and it was the first brick mansion built in Beverly.
Hale Farm: John Hale was born in Charlestown, MA in 1636 and came to Beverly to preach when it was still known as the “Bass River Side” of Salem.
The mission of the Society, founded in 1891, is to collect, preserve, interpret, and disseminate Beverly’s regional history. That is accomplished through the preservation and interpretation of three historic sites: the Balch House; Hale Farm; and the Cabot House; and a museum collection of nearly a million photographs, maps, diaries, furniture and decorative arts that is made available to scholars, teachers, students and the public through exhibits, programs, and research opportunities.
1 chaperone/guide per 10 visitors. Tours of both our 17th century sites (Balch and Hale) and 18th century house museum (Cabot) are available.
Small room in 18th century house, and 1 acre outdoor space at 17th century house available for meetings and event.
Classroom Capacity of Largest Room
Banquet Capacity of Largest Room
Reception Space Square Footage
North Shore Music Theatre
Wylie Inn and Conference Center
Beverly’s Hospital Point Light Station (1872)
Gentile Brewing Company
Montserrat College of Art
Misselwood Events at Endicott College
Lynch Park Beach
Greater Beverly Chamber of Commerce