21 High Street, Salem, MA 01970
Salem shipwright Eleazer Gedney built the earliest portion of the Gedney Housein 1665. Originally, the house was an asymmetrical composition consisting of two rooms on the first floor, a single chamber above, and an attic with a front-facing gable. Significant renovations to the structure in 1712 and 1800 resulted in dramatic changes to the house’s appearance. The house is significant not only for its framing, but also for its evidence of early decorative finishes in the hall chamber and parlor. Three successive color schemes, the earliest of which is believed to date to the house’s construction, were discovered in the hall chamber. This evidence was preserved by the addition of plaster ceilings, beam casings, and paneled walls by the mid-eighteenth century.
WitchPix Costume Studio
Ceremonies & Passages
The Hotel Salem
Bakers Island Light Station (1791)
Mahi Mahi Cruises and Charters
Essex National Heritage Commission
The Salem Night Tour
Witch History Museum
Harbor Sweets, Inc.
(978) 744 - 4080