King Hooper Mansion
8 Hooper Street, Marblehead, MA 01945
The King Hooper Mansion is located in scenic Marblehead, MA, a town renowned as the yachting capital of America and birthplace of the American Navy. Just 17 miles north of Boston, Marblehead is home to one of the most majestic and beautiful harbors on the eastern seaboard, and is known as an art and cultural center.
The King Hooper Mansion has a colorful history; it is where Federalists gathered in the early 1700’s. It was first built in 1728 and enlarged to its present size in 1745. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it is one of America’s outstanding architectural gems, situated in the heart of Marblehead’s historic district.
The Hooper Mansion is the home of the Marblehead Arts Association; the association has called this beautiful facility home since 1938. The six galleries in the Mansion include a graceful front parlor, a dining room, a small rear gallery, two second floor galleries and a third floor ballroom, which houses a Steinway Grand piano. Additionally, there are two kitchens and the original wine cellar, located on the lower level and opening onto the King Hooper Garden, which is meticulously maintained by the Cottage Gardeners of Marblehead.
The entire mansion may be rented and can accommodate up to 125 guests when fully utilized, inside and outside in the garden. Another option is the ability to rent a combination of rooms, floors or the elegant ballroom, which includes the use of the Steinway piano. One of the more popular venues is the historic Tavern Room which can seat up to 50 people and opens to the lovely King Hooper Garden. The garden is meticulously maintained by the Cottage Gardeners of Marblehead and is a perfect setting for an outdoor ceremony, cocktails, al fresco dining or photographs.
For more information please contact the King Hooper Mansion at 781-631-2608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
J.O.J. Frost Folk Art Gallery
Harbor Light Inn
The Landing Restaurant
Civil War & G.A.R. Museum
Marblehead Chamber of Commerce
Marblehead Light (1835)