FY2020 Tourism Mini-Grant Program
Tourism Mini-Grant Application – FY 2020
The North of Boston CVB offers the Tourism Mini-Grant Program as a way to collaborate with members to aggressively promote our region to visitors traveling from at least 50 miles away. Eligible projects include print, website development, blogging, digital, TV, YouTube, audio messaging, radio, social media projects, language translations and signage for tourism-related businesses. *If projects are print, they must have an electronic component. This funding is made available through 1038 grants funds and is subject to all requirements mandated by the Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism (MOTT).
IMPORTANT GRANT INFORMATION
- Total grant funds available for FY2020 Tourism Mini-Grant Program: Unspecified at this time
- Tourism Grant Award will not exceed 40% of the total project production cost. The applying entity must demonstrate the ability to raise the 60%-plus match in private funds for the project. In-kind contributions do not qualify as a match.
- Applicant must submit six (6) copies of grant application by mail or in person to the North of Boston CVB by Friday, February 7, 2020 by 5pm.
- All applications will be reviewed by the North of Boston Tourism Mini-Grant Committee.
- Award amounts will be determined by this Committee.
- All applicants must be a member in good standing of the North of Boston CVB with a history of bills paid in full.
- All applicants must be headquartered in Essex County.
- All applicants must be a non-profit, membership, or city/town based organization that supports the mission of the North of Boston CVB –to promote Essex County as a travel destination. The goals of the applying entity must be consistent with the CVB’s goal of promoting economic development through regional tourism promotion.
- The primary purpose of the project must be to increase revenue by targeting visitors who require overnight accommodations in Essex County, reaching markets that are more than 50 miles away.
- The applying entity must demonstrate the ability to market and distribute the collateral materials produced.
- Funds are to be used for the design and production of promotional materials including: print (brochures, flyers, calendars, rack cards, magazines, newspapers), website development, blogging, digital, TV, YouTube, audio messaging, radio, social media projects, language translations and signage for tourism-related businesses. *If projects are print, they must have an electronic component.
- Funds cannot be used for North of Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau Cooperative Advertising Programs and Publications.
- Funds cannot be used for postage, fulfillment, or distribution.
- Funds received must be used for the specific project approved and cannot be applied to another project without written approval of the CVB’s Executive Director.
REQUIRED FUNDING CREDITS
- All applicants must agree to credit the North of Boston CVB and MOTT on all materials produced as specified in the application.
- All applicants must currently provide a reciprocal link on their website homepage to northofboston.org and www.massvacation.com.
- Projects that consist of sold ad space must include an ad from the North of Boston CVB. Size consistent with the grant award amount.
Please CLICK HERE to download the FY2020 Application.
All applications must be received by Friday, February 7, 2020 by 5pm.
Previous Grant Recipients
Questions? Please e-mail Ann Marie Casey at email@example.com