Woodman’s of Essex
121 Main Street, Essex, MA 01929
The informal setting of this once roadside stand adds to the delight of enjoying New England seafood at its BEST! Go ahead, dig in and get messy! There’s no better place to enjoy traditional Yankee fare than at Woodman’s, where the fried clam was invented over 95 years ago! The Woodman family, now in its fifth generation, still serves up hearty portions of award-winning seafood to generations of loyal customers. Woodman’s is the ideal spot for gathering with friends and family, making memories, and having fun.
- 2011 Winner Family Business Association for MA
- Small Business of the Year Award 2012 Winner Massachusetts Premier Tourism Attraction Legends Award
- Massachusetts Office of Travel & Tourism 2013 Winner
- Best Restaurant in New England, about.com 2011 Winner
- Best Fried Clams in NH, Yankee Magazine Best Seafood in America
- Forbes FYI Magazine Best Seafood Dives
- Coastal Living Magazine Best Place to Eat in MA
- Bon Apetit Magazine Hailed as An American cult classic right up there with baseball and apple pie by Zagat Restaurant Guide Recognized in numerous publications such as; 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, New York Times, Country Living, Coastal Living, Phantom Gourmet, and many more!
The Essex Room, on scenic Cape Ann, is the perfect place to host your event. With expertise in wedding, social and corporate functions, we will set your mind at ease. Choose from an exquisite menu, enjoy the scenic views, elegant ballroom and seasonal gardens.
The Essex Room at Woodman's of Essex
Classroom Capacity of Largest Room
Banquet Capacity of Largest Room
Essex Merchants Group
Shea’s Riverside Inn and Motel
Essex River Cruises & Charters
Essex Shipbuilding Museum