Woodman’s of Essex
119 Main Street, Essex, MA 01929
The informal setting of this once roadside stand adds to the delight of enjoying New England seafood at its BEST! Go ahead, dig in and get messy! There’s no better place to enjoy traditional Yankee fare than at Woodman’s, where the fried clam was invented over 100 years ago! The Woodman family, now in its fifth generation, still serves up hearty portions of award-winning seafood to generations of loyal customers. Woodman’s is the ideal spot for gathering with friends and family, making memories, and having fun.
- Voted Most Iconic Restaurant in the Boston Area – boston.com
- Best Waterfront Seafood Shack in America – USA Today
- Best Seafood Dives – Coastal Living
- Best Place to Eat in MA – Bon Appétit
- Best Seafood in America – Forbes Fyi
- Winner Family Business Association for MA
- Small Business of the Year Award Winner
- Massachusetts Premier Attraction Legends Award
- Massachusetts Office of Travel & Tourism Winner
- How to Spend a Fall Weekend on the North Shore of MA – Vogue Magazine
- Hailed as An American Cult Classic right up there with Baseball and Apple Pie – Zagat Restaurant Guide
- Recognized in numerous publications such as: 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, New York Times, Country Living, Coastal Living, Phantom Gourmet, and many more!
The Essex Room, on scenic Cape Ann, is the perfect place to host your event. With expertise in wedding, social and corporate functions, we will set your mind at ease. Choose from an exquisite menu, enjoy the scenic views, elegant ballroom and seasonal gardens.
The Essex Room at Woodman's of Essex
Classroom Capacity of Largest Room
Banquet Capacity of Largest Room
For the most up-to-date health and safety information, please visit the individual business' website directly.
Visit Essex, MA
Essex River Cruises & Charters
Shea’s Riverside Inn and Motel