Newburyport, MA 01950
Yankee Homecoming Brings Out the Best…
July 30th – August 7th 2022
Newburyport’s “Yankee Homecoming” is the second oldest homecoming festival in the United States. Started by Newburyport Native George Cashman (First YHC General Chairperson in 1958), has brought years of a week long celebration to this city. The weeklong event hosts downtown nightly concerts and street performers, road race, fire works show and ends with a parade down Historic High St. Please visit www.yankeehomecoming.com for event dates and event details. This event is made possible by the many dedicated volunteers!!
Brings out the best… A theme for the Yankee Homecoming (YHC) celebration for 2022 that certainly rings true.
- The best local event celebrating the greater Newburyport Community, now in its 66th year!
- The best of YHC participants, of all ages, who come out to enjoy and partake in the many activities YHC holds during the week,
- The best of YHC volunteers, so freely giving of their time and talents to ensure the week-long celebration is fun and safe for all,
- The best of our local business community stepping up to sponsor the multitude of events during the week-long celebration,
- The best of our local citizenry in helping our neighbors in these unprecedented times with the pandemic around us, by supporting the YHC food drop off locations in town, at Dunkin at the Route One rotary and at Newburyport Bank on Storey Avenue.
For the most up-to-date health and safety information, please visit the individual business' website directly.
Custom House Maritime Museum
Firehouse Center for the Arts
Essex Street Inn
Museum of Old Newbury
Newburyport Art Association
Old South Church
The Tannery Marketplace
Newburyport Harbor Light (Plum Island Light) (1788)
Compass Rose Inn
Sea Level Oyster Bar – Newburyport
Plum Island Beach
Wolfe Adventures & Tours, LLC