310 Argilla Road, Ipswich, MA 01938
Crane Beach is one of the most spectacular beach and outdoor recreation destinations on the East Coast. With its clean, inviting water, miles of shoreline, and mesmerizing views, Crane Beach has been a favorite with the ocean-loving public for generations. Four miles of pristine white-sand beaches flank the coastline and more than five miles of trails wind through coastal dunes and maritime forests. Whether you intend to take a refreshing plunge, play in the sand, or stroll the trails, this unparalleled seaside experience is sure to provide lots of fun – and great memories, too. Crane Beach is one of 111 properties in the Commonwealth – including working farms, historic homesteads and gardens, community parks, barrier beaches and mountain vistas – owned and managed by the non-profit organization The Trustees of Reservations. For more information and to download a map visit: www.thetrustees.org/cranebeach.
We are pleased to welcome you to Crane Beach! Passes for beach entrance will be released online on Thursdays at noon for upcoming Saturday – Monday, and on Mondays at noon for upcoming Tuesday – Friday.
Beginning May 29th, 2021, booking advanced entry passes are required for daily admissions at Crane Beach for the 2021 season.
If you book your entry pass in advance, you are guaranteed admission for the day/time of your visit, even if passes sell out. In addition to weekly pass releases, we anticipate adding additional passes each day, to be reserved online, as spaces become available.
- Beach is open 8:00am to Sunset, daily.
- Entry gate closes 20 minutes before Sunset, and parking lot is cleared and locked at Sunset.
- Crane Beach is subject to closure during severe weather.
Admission: Summer Season rates
- Crane Beach Permit Holder: FREE*
- Weekday Member Car (up to 6 people): $15
- Weekday Nonmember Car (up to 6 people): $30
- Weekend/Holiday Member Car (up to 6 people): $25
- Weekend/Holiday Nonmember Car (up to 6 people): $45
- Additional car passengers over 6 people: $5 per person
- Member Motorcycle: $5
- Nonmember Motorcycle: $10
Olde Ipswich Tours
Toast the Coast
Castle Hill on the Crane Estate
Crane Wildlife Refuge on the Crane Estate
Ipswich Ale Brewery
Brewery: (978)356-3329 Restaurant: (978)356-3182
Paine House/Greenwood Farm
Whipple House (1677)